Product Development Coordinator
Manage the development and production of all ranges from concept through to delivery. You will be co-ordinating current product optimization as well as developing new product ranges within a timely manner and to budget. Our product development manager is the primary liaison with all suppliers, from fabric through to packaging and will be responsible for ensuring timely ex-factory dates with all suppliers. Working closely with our designers (we want your input throughout the design process, including the development of new products), customer services, wholesale and PR teams, the PDM will be responsible for creating and managing the product critical path and also ensuring that all other departments adhere to this.
The ideal candidate will:
• have at least 3 years of full-time work experience in a role where he/she developed the required skills. That might not necessarily have been in production.
• have fantastic attention to detail, organisational and communication skills. Chasing suppliers is a big part of the job and we would like you to be comfortable picking up the phone rather than simply relying on emails.
• have financial awareness. This will help us make better decisions when placing fabric orders and deciding on the number of items to manufacture.
• take ownership and full responsibility of production from start to finish
• take initiative. We want you to own your actions and take initiative to repair any mistakes without trying to find out who erred in the first place. We are a small team and initiative is absolutely crucial. Being a small company sometimes we might need a hand in other parts of the business and we expect everyone to be willing to help out.
• ask questions. We understand that you might not know everything about production and we want you to approach us whenever you need help. It is very important to us that you are honest and simply tell us throughout the hiring process and your role at Desmond & Dempsey what you know and what you don’t.
• have a genuine interest in how products are made.
• have motivation and dedication are also very important. While our company is very flexible, in the sense that, if you need to work from home one day you can etc, sometimes you also need to arrive a little earlier to deal with a delivery or stay a little later to help with the stock take.
• have merchandising experience
• ideally have an understanding of logistics
• have experience with Adobe Suite
• ideally (but not essential) speak Portuguese, Spanish or Turkish (all three would be wonderful!)
• have knowledge of a Production Management Software (we currently use Zedonk, so a knowledge of that would be ideal even though not crucial)
Key areas of responsibility:
• Creating and managing the seasonal product critical path
• Sourcing new suppliers according to the needs of the business
• Cost price negotiations with all suppliers
• Managing wholesale and retail production, ensuring all is made within agreed time frame
• Inventory management through Zedonk
• Send all fit comments to factories and developing samples
• Order all fabric and trims for sampling and bulk production
• Approving lab dips / strike offs with founding team and design
• Analysing and Approving test reports
• Travel will be required where applicable
• Understand commercial and financial targets
• Manage flow of information from factories and suppliers to management and design teams.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you. Please email your application to email@example.com with the job description as the subject line.