HEAD OF CREATIVE CONTENT
Job Title: Head Of Creative Content
Job Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Head of Department
Reporting to: Co-founders & Creative Director
Start date: As soon as possible, latest January 2023
We’re looking for someone to come in and shake up D&Ds creative content. We have been working with a branding agency, Studio Nari, to evolve the brand identity. Now, we are looking for someone to come in, develop the narrative, and re-shape our content strategy.
This is a role for someone who loves to tell stories. We want our own ‘Edward Enninful’, a charming, kind editor who can bring together a team to create stories across multiple platforms.
They will be a sort of genius who can be both wonderfully creative and strategic. In short, this person will need to define a new content strategy and then be in charge of seeing it through.
We are looking for someone who is not only an excellent creator but an experienced leader. Someone who is able to align a team of creatives to achieve their vision across multiple channels.
This role will be challenging. It will be taking lots of ideas, lots of stories, lots of history, lots of channels, picking out the best bits to keep, evolving others, retiring the dated, refreshing ideas, throwing totally new ones in the mix, prioritising and then creating a plan to see it through. We want someone who is keen to learn from what has worked in our history, humble enough to keep it and daring enough to try something new.
- In short, you’re responsible for all the visuals, and all the words. You will be D&D’s editor in chief, ensuring all comms are aligned to our core brand values, aesthetics and tone of voice.
- You will build your own team of creatives to help bring D&D’s world to life and continue to excite our customers. You will work closely with the Creative Director and CEO (co-founders) to define, evolve and uphold D&D’s brand story, identity and tone of voice.
- You will set the overarching vision, concept and tone for brand and seasonal campaigns in line with the brand's aesthetic
- With approval from the creative director you will be responsible for commissioning and leading a creative team to bring this vision to life across all D&D channels.
- You will work closely with the Creative Director and CEO (co-founders) to define how new and existing customers experience the brand across both paid and organic channels
- You will work in collaboration with our marketing team to develop an international editorial strategy that will live across multiple channels to meet business objectives
- Develop a zero waste content creation plan, ensuring that we’re getting the absolute most out of everything we produce
- Work closely with marketing to tweak and develop messaging for our international customers, with a particular focus on the USA.
- Work closely with marketing to explore new channels, and develop an appropriate creative content strategy for the various channels
- You will take an active role in understanding how the content performs across both organic and paid channels, and build those learnings into your future strategy.
- Review and revise the creative strategy for The Sunday Paper
LEADING & MANAGING
- Sitting alongside the other Heads of Department you’ll represent the creative team and play a central role in developing the overall business strategy.
- You’ll be responsible for finding, managing and leading a team of creatives.
- You’ll work closely with our in-house producer to develop and manage creative team resource budgets, freelance budgets and all content production budgets.
- You’re comfortable managing a team of creatives with different specialty skill sets
- You’re experienced on set in an ecomm studio and on location
- You’re comfortable working to a budget, and can think creatively about achieving top results within those constraints
- You’re aware of trends, how they might be used sensitively to amplify the D&D brand
- You’ve worked across multiple channels either in-house or agency
- You value words and visuals equally
- You’re an incredible storyteller and probably the person everyone wants to sit next to at the dinner party
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
- Our Company values are Comfort, Creativity & Celebration
- Comfort is feeling safe and trusted
- Creativity is feeling fulfilled and inspired to do great work
- Celebration is feeling valued and recognised
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Hybrid working between studio (3 days/week) or home (2 days/week)
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fancy pyjamas forevermore
- Excellent career opportunities at a fast-growth company with a strong culture
Equal opportunity employer
Our mission is to make fancy pyjamas for the pleasure of leisure whilst championing our values of celebration, comfort and creativity. We know we are stronger and most effective with a diverse team and so will always be committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, identities, perspectives, and skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter or Portfolio through to Rosie@desmondanddempsey.com